Presently, many people have become disenchanted with the fake news that influences the secular world view. They are also becoming genuinely concerned by the unchecked Internet censorship that is beginning to shape the global narrative and frankly, they don’t know which mainstream media outlets or social networks to trust anymore. If you identify with these concerns, then you will be pleased to know that you do not need to rely upon the secular world view, but can learn and understand world events from a prophetic perspective.
This article is intended to acquaint you with the top twenty prophecies to be on the lookout for. As you read them and review the brief descriptions about them, you will see that these biblical foretellings are covering topics that are often in today’s news.
These are the ancient predictions that are about to roll off of their parchments soon and pound down on the world’s pavement. These are globally impacting events that could happen before the biblical Seven-Year Tribulation Period begins.
If you are unfamiliar with the Tribulation Period, it represents the final seven years on this present earth’s timeline. According to the Bible this present earth has an expiration date and it seems to be drawing dangerously near. During this final period, God will pour out His wrath upon a Christ-rejecting humanity.
Thus, the twenty prophecies in this article are aptly called, The Pre-Tribulation Prophecies. It’s important to note that it’s possible the Christian Church might actually witness the fulfillment of some of these perilous biblical predictions before it gets Raptured.
There is an increased sense of urgency to understand the prophetic perspective because many Bible prophecy experts are warning that all of the end times signs are converging. The required technologies are developed, the apocalyptic weapons are fashioned, and the evil political leaders and their wicked national relationships are in place for every last days Bible prophecy to find fulfillment soon.
The Pre-Tribulation Period
Before identifying the specific prophecies, it’s helpful to explain what the Pre-Tribulation Period consists of. As the ten-stage timeline image points out, the Pre-Tribulation period includes the Church Age and the Post-Rapture / Pre-Tribulation Time Gap. The Church Age ends when the Rapture happens. Then mankind enters into a pre-tribulational interval period of unspecified time. Some biblical scholars suggest that this time gap could last for several years. This mysterious time gap concludes when the Seven-Year Tribulation Period begins.
1. Disaster in Iran – (Jeremiah 49:34-39), This prediction identifies a nuclear disaster that happens in the ancient territory of Elam, which is where the Bushehr Nuclear Reactor is situated. Russia is presently working with Iran on the construction of two more reactors in this area, Bushehr 2, which is to be completed in 2024, and Bushehr 3 to be finished in 2026. This nuclear disaster creates a humanitarian crisis that causes millions of Iranian exiles to leave the affected territory. (Refer to the shaded area on the image below).
2. Destruction of Damascus – (Isaiah 17, Jeremiah 49:23-27), This prophecy clearly declares that the Syrian capital city of Damascus, which is considered to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, will be entirely destroyed. It will be reduced to rubble and become a ruinous heap. This destruction is caused by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF).
3. Toppling of Jordan – (Jeremiah 49:1-6, Zephaniah 2:8-9, Ezekiel 25:14), This prophecy pronounces that Amman Jordan, like Damascus, will be a destroyed city. This destruction will be caused by the IDF and it also involves the toppling of other cities in Central and Southern Jordan.
4. Terrorization of Egypt – (Isaiah 19:1-18), According to this prediction, Egypt’s economy will entirely collapse soon and quickly. It happens as a result of a forthcoming conflict between Egypt and Israel, which may be part of the Psalm 83 prophecy. Egypt presently has a fragile peace treaty with Israel, but this prophecy points out that this pact is paper-thin.
5. Final Arab-Israeli War – (Psalm 83), This amounts to the final conflict that ends the Arab-Israeli conflict. The IDF wins this war. The image below identifies the Arab confederacy of Psalm 83.
6. Emergence of the Exceedingly Great Israeli Army – (Ezekiel 37:10, Obadiah 1:18, Jeremiah 49:2, Ezekiel 25:14, Isaiah 11:14, 17:9, Zechariah 12:6), The IDF exists in Bible prophecy and as the above prophecies pointed out, they defeat their Arab enemies and resolve the Mideast conflict militarily. The IDF is not involved in the Ezekiel 38 invasion or the Battle of Armageddon. Thus, they exist today to deal with their Arab foes.
7. Expansion of Israel – (Obadiah 1:19-20), As a result of the IDF victories, Israel will enlarge its borders into Southern Lebanon, Jordan and parts of Egypt. They will also possess the Gaza, where the Hamas are, and the entire West Bank.
8. Vanishing of the Christians – (1 Corinthians 15:51-52, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18), This event is a miraculous disappearing act, rather than a magic one. Jesus Christ will come at an unannounced time and remove all of the true believers from the earth in an instant. This miracle will end the Church Age and could happen at any time. When this happens, all of the remaining unfulfilled Pre-Tribulation prophecies become gap prophecies.
9. Emergence of a Greater, Safer and Wealthier Israel – (Ezekiel 38:8-13), A major prophecy involving a coalition spearheaded by Russia, Turkey and Iran that invades Israel when it is dwelling prosperously and securely. These conditions seem to result after the IDF defeats its enemies in some of the afore listed prophecies.
10. The Decline of America – (USA could be the young lions of Tarshish in Ezekiel 38:13), The USA seems to be identified in this Ezekiel 38 prophecy as a protester of the Russian-led invasion. The good news is that America is not identified among the invaders, but the bad news is that the country can’t seem to fight on behalf of Israel. This implies that between now and this invasion that the USA will slip from its present superpower status.
11. Russia, Turkey, Iran and their Coalition Invade Israel – (Ezekiel 38), This invasion has been mentioned already, but when it happens it will undoubtedly be the most massive Mideast invasion of all time up to that point. God will stop these forces supernaturally and the world will be in shock when they see the Lord win this war on Israel’s behalf. This is the marquee event, whereby God intends to uphold His Holy Name as per Ezekiel 39:7.
12. Unrestrained Supernatural Deception – (2 Thessalonians 2:7-12), For almost 2000 years, Satan has been aware of a prophecy that promises of a time to come when he will be unrestrained to deceive mankind. The prophecy says that the Devil will unleash all of his power through signs and lying wonders in the immediate aftermath of the Rapture. You can bet the Devil has something powerfully deceptive in his bag of tricks. It could involve fallen angels and demons masquerading as extra-terrestrials from outer space who claim that they are superior to people and that mankind is not alone in this universe. This would blow a huge hole in the biblical narrative. Presently, the USA is beginning to divulge some of its classified findings on the UFO phenomenon. It will be interesting to see how this scenario develops in the near future.
13. Arrival of the Antichrist– (Revelation 6:1-2), As per #12 above, one of the purposes of the Satanic supernatural deception is to introduce the Antichrist into the world. So, after the Rapture, the deception begins and the Antichrist arrives on the scene. This coming charismatic world leader shows up as the White Horseman of the First Seal Judgment. He is the one who will confirm the covenant of Daniel 9:27 between Israel and another party and that starts the Seven-Year Tribulation Period. Thus, he has to be on the scene before the Tribulation begins, but he isn’t revealed until after the Rapture takes place.
14. World Wars, Famines & Plagues – (Revelation 6:3-6), After the Antichrist rides in on the White Horse, the Red and Black Horsemen of the Second and Third Seal Judgments ride onto the earth’s stage and they take peace from the earth and bring about wars that lead to famines and plagues. Some scholars believe these judgments take place during the Tribulation, but in my book entitled, The NEXT Prophecies, I point out that the first Five Seal Judgments, might find fulfillment within the Post-Rapture / Pre-Tribulation Gap.
15. 144,000 Jewish Evangelists Emerge – (Revelation 7:1-8), Amidst all of the Satanic deception and chaos taking place on the earth, God will call upon 12,000 from each of the 12 Tribes of Israel to evangelize the world. According to Revelation 7:9-17 they are instrumental in leading a vast multitude of people to Jesus Christ. However, it’s important to note that these are people who were left behind from the Rapture because they were unbelievers at the time. The good news is they convert to Christianity, but unfortunately many within this multitude will be martyred for their faith in Jesus Christ. (Some teach that the 144,000 evangelize exclusively in the Tribulation, rather than first emerging in the gap after the Rapture and then crossing over into the Tribulation).
16. “Mystery, Babylon,” the Harlot religion – (Revelation 17), The Bible predicts the coming of a global world religion. Some believe that this is an ecumenical version of diverse Christian denominations and other faiths, a sort of a super-church. In my book entitled, The NEXT Prophecies, I provide arguments that oppose this view, and instead point toward this world religion being spearheaded by the Roman Catholic Church (RCC). The RCC is not expecting a Pre-Tribulation coming of Christ in the Rapture. Although some Catholics are true believers in Christ and will be Raptured, it seems safe to say that religious institution will be left behind and remain in place. According to Revelation 17:6, this religion will be martyring people who come to a faith in Jesus Christ.
17. Two phases of the “Overflowing Scourge” – (Isaiah 28:15-18, Rev. 6:7-8), The Bible speaks about a scourge that comes in two phases that overtakes the earth and concerns Israel. It is this scourge that motivates Israel to become a signatory in the false covenant that triggers the start of the Seven-Year Tribulation Period.
18. Post-Rapture Christian martyrdom – (Revelation 6:9-11,17:6), After the Rapture, many people will come to the Lord, it will be an unprecedented revival. However, these converts will meet with three different Christian killing crusades. The global religion appears to martyr believers after the Rapture until it gets desolated by Ten Kings in Revelation 17:16. Subsequently, the Antichrist, as per Revelation 20:4 beheads Christians who don’t receive his Mark of the Beast spoken of in Revelation 13:15-16.
19. The True content of False Covenant Gets Revealed – (Isaiah 28:15-18, Daniel 9:27), The covenant that triggers the Seven-Year Tribulation period gets drafted. This covenant gets confirmed by the Antichrist and its content appears to protect Israel from the overflowing scourge that is sweeping throughout the earth. In my NEXT Prophecies book, I explain what this scourge appears to be.
20. Preparations to Build the Third Jewish Temple are Approved – (Revelation 11:1-2), The Bible provides three clues that seem to suggest that the false covenant contains content that enables Israel to build its Third Temple. This Temple plays a major role in prophecies related to Israel during the Tribulation Period. The Jews are already training the priests and preparing the implements of worship and sacrifices for this coming Temple.
Also, another Pre-Tribulation scenario worth mentioning are the three seemingly connecting Gaza, (ancient Philistia), prophecies that appear to predict the elimination of Hamas in Psalm 83, Zephaniah 2:4-7 and Ezekiel 25:15-17.
These are all globally impacting prophecies. Although some of them are centered in the Middle East, they will likely increase international terrorism, lead to worldwide oil and gas shortages, fuel economic collapses, provoke geo-political upheavals and result in unprecedented humanitarian calamities.
The top twenty Pre-Tribulation prophecies are the subject of a prophetic documentary produced by Thomas J Hughes ministries with Hope For Our Times and me. It is a 2-Disc DVD set that provides approximately 2 ½ hours of timely prophetic information. We encourage you to purchase a copy of this prophetic documentary to gain a greater awareness of what the future holds for you and your family.
WATCH THE PRE-TRIBULATION PROPHECIES TRAILER BELOW.
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE PRE-TRIBULATION PROPHECIES 2-DISC DVD SET FOR $24.95 + S & H.